A key strategic objective for almost every marketer is to establish their company as an authority within its respective community.
To accomplish this, you may want to:
- Grab the Attention of New Customers with content that helps them solve a problem when they are searching;
- Satisfy Existing Customers with information on how to use the products they have already purchased;
- Engage Your Community with content that improves their experience with your product.
In each of these cases, the most effective method is to provide how-to content that is optimized for online discovery and real-world useability.
Grab The Attention Of New Customers
Enable users who are searching for solutions to discover your company through how-to content that addresses their need, delivers a solution, and leads them to your store for answers.
Your product solves a problem, and people are searching the Internet to find a solution. Make sure your answers are written and posted in a format that appeals to search engines and makes solving the problem as simple as it can be.
New customers will find you when you have the answers, even when they don’t know who you are.
You’ll also want to make sure your content is ready for social sharing to reach friends of friends who share similar needs and want to solve similar problems. Empower users to find and easily share answers to common questions with how-to content that is easy to understand and easy to share.
Satisfy Existing Customers
Your lowest hanging fruit is your existing customer base. Research indicates that you have about 20 minutes to get your customer through the setup process before they return your product, or report a miserable experience.
Help existing customers maintain your products with easily-shared step-by-step instructions that walk them through basic usage, maintenance or update processes.
This will help alleviate burden on support staff and provide another branded touch point to existing customers. It also provides a method for customers to share info with friends and family to help generate referral traffic.
Include links to instructions in emails and newsletters to proactively help customers maintain or update their systems.
Improve customer support with step-by-step instructions that can be shared to customers and used as a visual reference to help them walk through steps during over-the-phone support. Visual graphics can be included (images or video) to help explain or illustrate instructions to the customer.
Share instructions to customers before, during or after support calls to ensure that they have instructions that make the task easier to understand and complete.
Remember that during customer support incidents you have two big areas to succeed; creating a satisfied customer, and saving time spent on the phone. Online instructions can help solve both of these critical concerns.
Engage With Your Community
Provide secondary support information in the form of how-tos to help customers enjoy your products.
Customer support isn’t always about how to setup, implement or use your product, specifically. Sometimes customers are looking for ways to use your product.
For instance, if you sell Skis, you might create content that helps your customer learn how to make the perfect curve, or how to properly plant their poles when navigating moguls.
If you provide computer support for home-based clients, you might create content that helps them manage their computer when there isn’t a problem, for instance how to change their desktop image or how to switch applications.
The Steptap Pitch
We are Steptap, and we think we have the best way for you to accomplish the task of establishing your business as the authority in your respective space. Our platform as a service solution offers a variety of ways for you to take advantage.
- You can start for free right now, and create your own how-to content on our platform; ready to share and manage.
- You can upgrade to our premium account for just a few bucks and dress your how-to content in your own custom branding. This will connect your customers to your visual brand, and enables you to embed links directly from your how-to content to your online store or locator pages.
- You can hire Steptap as your how-to content marketing partner; we’ll contract with you to create engaging how-to content that connects with new customers who don’t even know they are searching for your solutions, and that satisfies your customers with simple, straightforward how-to content that will improve the way they think about your products.
Visit us right now at Steptap.com