One of the key advantages of using the Steptap platform to market your business with engaging how-to content is the embed tool.
Each steplist includes a customized share page that provides a unique share image, links to the big five social media sites, custom URLs, a QR code, and an embed code.
The embed code for each steplist can be used to incorporate a branded steplist in a company blog, on-site page or even on a community blog that aims to share your how-to with a related community.
Using the embed code is easy, simply follow these steps:
- Create a steplist at Steptap.com
- Visit the steplist page by clicking on the title of the steplist in your MySteplists page of your free account.
- Click the Share tool at the top of the page, on the right.
- Copy the unique embed code from the embed code field.
- Paste the embed code into your blog. Be sure to use the HTML insert window when you do this; the code is formatted for HTML.
- Adjust for width and height by changing the width and height numbers in the embed code to format for the size of your page.
At the end of this process, you will have an embeded steplist on your page that looks a lot like the example below.
The advantages to using Steptap to create and embed your how-to include the ability to manage your content from a single location. No matter how many places you share your how-to, embed, or link, you will always have centralized control over the content so updates and additions are always easy to deal with.
Here is our embed example:
You can see this steplist live in the Steptap site here: How to unpack and inspect a new NOMAD handheld x-ray.